International Coffee Organization
The International Coffee Organization is an inter-governmental membership organization. ICO’s mission is to strengthen the global coffee sector and promote its sustainable expansion in a market-based environment for the betterment of all participants in the coffee sector.
It makes a practical contribution to the development of a sustainable world coffee sector and to reducing poverty in developing countries by delivering world-class data, analysis and information to the industry and policy-makers, by using its convening power to provide a forum for dialogue between and within the public and private sectors, as well as by facilitating the development of projects and promotion programmes through public-private partnerships.
ICO has 49 Members representing 98% of global coffee exports and 67% of imports. The complete list is available here: http://www.ico.org/members_e.asp?section=About_Us.
The International Coffee Organization collects, analyses and disseminates independent statistical data on the global coffee sector (production, consumption, trade and prices). The ICO prepares and disseminates studies on emerging issues in the global coffee sector, socioeconomic aspects of coffee production, and impacts of agricultural policies.
The ICO provides a unique forum for discussion of coffee matters between Members and with the private sector, and acts as a convener, catalyst and source of reference, so as to improve the consistency of coffee policy-making on a global level.
The ICO identifies, in collaboration with development agencies, the key areas where coffee can play a major role in promoting sustainable development. The ICO supports the design and implementation of national coffee strategies and encourages sharing of best practices, as well as assists in the preparation of coffee sector development project proposals.
- International Coffee Council (https://www.internationalcoffeecouncil.org/eng/InternationalCoffeeCouncil.php)
- CEO & Global Leaders Forum (https://www.internationalcoffeecouncil.org/eng/ceo-forum.php)
- Coffee Public-Private Sector Task Force
- Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance (https://www.internationalcoffeecouncil.org/eng/9th-Consultative-Forum.php)
- Coffee Development Report (annual economic flagship report) (https://www.internationalcoffeecouncil.org/eng/coffee-development-report.php)
- Coffee Market Report (monthly statistical bulletin) (http://www.ico.org/documents/cy2019-20/cmr-1219-e.pdf)
- International Coffee Day campaigns (https://www.internationalcoffeeday.org/)
Priority Countries and corresponding areas of activities:
ICO Member countries (exporting countries)